State-of-the-art construction and a family-focused approach to care make Bellevue Medical Center’s Procedural Services truly unique. We pride ourselves on being able to meet the procedural needs of our patients in a community hospital environment.
Services to include:
- Cardiac Intervention
- Interventional Radiology
- Vascular Angiography
- Infusion Services
- Pain Management
Surgical Suites and Endoscopy
Surgeons at Bellevue Medical Center have access to some of the area's latest technology and a nursing staff with an average of 15 years of experience..
- A computerized tracking system and an in room camera status monitoring system allowing for increased staff efficiency.
- A computerized tracking system for surgical equipment and instruments promoting safety and efficiency.
- 6 600-square foot surgical suites allow for increased imaging technology and innovative procedures.
- All 6 surgical suites are equipped to handle minimally invasive and standard surgery. This allows for maximum flexibility in patient scheduling and availability.
- Each surgical suite has boom mounted flat screen monitors mounted so they can be positioned to provide the best viewing angle for the surgical team.
- Electronic clinical documentation system for nurses and anesthesia allowing for easy access of clinical information at all times.
- Each surgical suite is equipped to allow teaching of medical students and consulting physicians during the procedure through audio and visual technology
Often times the success of a cardiovascular procedure depends on how quickly it occurs after a heart attack begins. Bellevue Medical Center provides patients in Bellevue and surrounding communities the opportunity to receive rapid diagnosis and treatment by bringing these services closer to you, your family, and physician.
- Detection and diagnosis with diagnostic catheterization
- Intervention with cardioversions, coronary artery angioplasty and stenting, pacemaker insertion, & peripheral vascular
What to expect
Patients at Bellevue Medical Center will immediately notice more privacy, comfort and one-on-one attention. Families will also be able to spend more time with their loved ones before and after the procedure than traditional surgical settings have allowed.
- Upon arrival...Patients and families will be greeted, registered in a private room and then directed to their private pre-operative room. Patients and their families are then introduced to the care team. The care team will typically consist of a Registered Nurse and an Anesthesia provider.
- During the procedure...Loved ones can relax in a comfortable lounge area where they can enjoy a calming water feature, grab a bite to eat in our cafeteria, or use one of the computer kiosks. Families will be updated on progress frequently throughout the procedure by staff and also through our electronic patient tracking system. Once the procedure is finished, the surgeon will meet with family in a private consultation room.
- Into recovery...When the surgical procedure is complete, the patient will be moved to the post anesthesia care area. The recovery area features private space for families of small children or special needs patients. Families of the patients will be able to rest comfortably knowing their loved one is receiving the best care possible.
- The final phase of recovery will be again in a private room where family can be there at their loved one’s side assisting with their recovery.
- At discharge…..We have a private exit that allows for easy transition to home.