The Maternity Services at Nebraska Medicine – Bellevue offer mothers and babies the opportunity to experience the comforts of home while high-tech and innovation mark the medical care they receive.
Within the Maternity Services department, there are eleven private labor, delivery, recovery, post partum (LDRP) rooms and two triage rooms available. These all-encompassing rooms allow each patient to feel more relaxed without having to move from room to room throughout the birthing process. The patient rooms have a very home-like feel, each being equipped with the following:
- Flat screen TVs
- Large windows which provide for more natural lighting
- Modern bathrooms with whirlpool tub and showers
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Room service-style dining
- Large rooms to accommodate partner, families and clinical staff comfortably
- Sleeping cots for fathers and family
Along with the patient rooms, the Maternity Services department houses a Normal Newborn Nursery and a Newborn Intensive Care Unit for those who need extra medical care.